Thursday 13 October 2011

Understanding the Malaysian Forests

So, here I am again, cozy in my bed with my mug of cocoa. I have two things to talk about today; a project my Grade VIII students presented today, and the 'Spelling Bee'. First something about the presentation. Sir William George Maxwell's In Malay Forests must be an interesting read. Kudos to Group A-3 (Now, I think we seriously need better names for our groups- A, B, C sounds drab, no?), they presented a passage from this book so well! I particularly like the model of forest they made, even though it was nowhere near a Rainforest :D. So, I thought of putting some pictures of rainforests here so my students could see what they look like. Happy viewing! :)


Creepers! how creepy they are!
Photo Courtesy: Matt Banks

Beware! There could be a crocodile in this stream!
Photo Courtesy: Evgeni Dinev



Tall trees, dense shrubbery
Photo Courtesy: Dan

If you need to find out more about Malaysian Forests, here's one blog you might find helpful. I am particularly thrilled by the idea of a 'treetop walk' and I'm so going for it soon. 

Image: Evgeni Dinev / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Image: dan / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Image: Matt Banks / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comment here